Is your Amazon Halo not charging?
Don’t worry, it happens!
This issue can be frustrating, but there are several things you can do to try to fix it.
In this post, I am going to walk you through some troubleshooting tips for fixing the Amazon Halo not charging issue, as well as providing you with warranty information, and some alternatives to the Amazon Halo if you decide to switch to another wearable tech device 🙂
Possible Reasons Why Amazon Halo Won’t Charge
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s first understand why your Amazon Halo may not be charging.
There could be several reasons why your device is not charging, including:
- Device is not properly placed on the charger
- Faulty charging cable or USB port
- The charging pins are dirty or obstructed
- The firmware is outdated
- A soft reset is needed
Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Amazon Halo Not Charging
Below are the detailed steps to try to solve the charging issue with your Amazon Halo:
1. Check the Placement of Your Device on the Charger
One common reason for the Amazon Halo not charging is improper placement on the charger.
To address this:
- Make sure the device is securely placed on the charger, with the charging contacts on the band aligned with those on the charging clip.
- Ensure that the button on the band is facing outward.
If the band is properly seated on the charger but still not charging, try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger to see if that resolves the issue.
2. Test the Charging Cable and USB Port
Issues with the charging cable or USB port can also prevent the band from charging.
To troubleshoot this:
- Test the charging cable with another device to ensure it is working properly.
- Try using a different USB cable, if available, to charge your Amazon Halo band.
- Test the USB port or wall charger by connecting another device to ensure it is providing power.
3. Clean the Charging Contacts
Dirty charging contacts can prevent the Amazon Halo from charging properly.
To clean them:
- Use a soft cloth, cotton swab, or an alcohol wipe cloth to gently clean the contacts on the back of the band and the pins on the charging cable.
- Avoid using any metal or wire brush against the contacts, as this can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
4. Update the Firmware
Wearable devices often receive firmware updated to fix pre-existing bugs, as well as bugs that were introduced during a previous update.
To update the firmware:
- Ensure that your Amazon Halo band is connected to your smartphone and that the Amazon Halo app is installed.
- Open the app and check for any available firmware updates. If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it.
5. Perform a Soft Reset
Soft resets are often used to resolve minor glitches with your Amazon Halo.
To perform a soft reset:
- Press and hold the button on the Amazon Halo band for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for the device to restart.
What If The Steps Above Did Not Solve The Amazon Halo Charging Issues?
If none of the above solutions work, contact the manufacturer’s customer service for further assistance.
The Amazon Halo comes with a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under ordinary consumer use.
However, the warranty does not cover damages caused by accidents or misuse, so the charging issue will not be covered under warranty if you did not use the device as per the manufacturer’s standards.
Alternative Wearable Tech Devices
If you are Amazon Halo is still not charging and is no longer covered by its warranty, there are many alternative wearable tech devices you may want to consider instead.
Here are some popular options:
- Fitbit: Fitbit is a well-known brand in the wearable tech market, offering a range of devices for fitness tracking, sleep tracking, and more.
- Apple Watch: The Apple Watch is a popular choice for those who want a more comprehensive smartwatch experience, with features like messaging, calling, and mobile payments.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch: The Samsung Galaxy Watch offers similar features to the Apple Watch, including messaging and mobile payments, with a sleek design and long battery life.
- Garmin: Garmin offers a range of GPS-enabled fitness tracking devices for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts.
If your Amazon Halo band is not charging, trying the troubleshooting methods and solutions discussed in this blog post can help resolve the issue.
By ensuring proper placement on the charger, checking for a faulty power source, cleaning the charging contacts, testing the charging cable and USB port, and updating the firmware, you should be able to get your Amazon Halo back up and running again!